Autore Topic: The new adventures of new Amazo!  (Letto 1731 volte)

Fabiola

• Valoroso
The new adventures of new Amazo!
« il: Agosto 19, 2015, 03:31:12 pm »
I have decided to go into a new mission. I have accepted Khadgar’s invite to become an asset to the fight against the new menace of the world of Warcraft, the world I know and live in. I am going to follow Khadgar in this adventure, in hope to stop this horrible threat and free the world by this particular evil and I will try to keep a detailed diary of these adventures. This is when it starts.

Day 400

The day is hot. I can feel the sweat running on my back. I am trying to hold as still as possible in an attempt to hear Khadgar’s instructions. I had answered his call to arms, I think proudly of myself, I answered to his call among other great heroes such as Khadgar himself and Thrall. I am standing in front of some of the most important saviors of the balance of the world and I need to do my part. No, I want to do my part to protect my friends and family from this new and awful menace lurking behind the corner and threatening to destroy the world as I know it, as I love it.
I finally move my neck and my shoulders in circular motion trying to get rid of the stiffness and preparing myself mentally for the jump. I am standing in front of a huge portal. I think Khadgar called it the dark portal. Secretly, I believe he makes up the names of most of the magic our enemies use against us because he doesn’t really know the real names. The thought makes me smile briefly. Then I gaze in the portal again and I feel a cold chill crossing my back. I swallowed hard, my throat is absolutely dry. I take the bottle of water I always carry with me and sip from it slowly enjoying the freshness that follows the water. It makes me think of home for a couple of seconds.
I am ready. I want to fight the orcs. I want to stop the evil plans of the Iron Horde and stop it for good. Khardgar is signaling the charge and I just run as fast as I can through the portal. I do not want to think how painful it must be to run through dark magic. So far, all my encounters with dark magic have ended with me having to heal myself rapidly and intensely.
I am surprised though to realize that getting through the portal is simple. It is painless most importantly. When I can finally focus my sight again after being blind by a very strong light, I spot Khardgar and Thrall in front of me. I reach them and I see they are standing at the top of some stairs and some my fellow soldiers are fighting at the bottom; I can hear the screams of the battle, the curses and the yelling to intimidate the opponent. I hear Khardgar calling me next to him; it seems he wants to talk about the next steps to ensure I can continue with the mission I promised him to achieve: stop the Iron Horde.
Yes, I know, it sounds really cocky. I am one and healer nonetheless. Despite how bad this might sound, I am really looking forward to being the armed hand of the Archmage. I have to confess, seeing him at the top of those stairs, next to Thrall, with such an intense and fierce expression made me think he is sexy. Yes, I know, I should get a boyfriend. But he was really powerful and protective. It feels like he is going to protect me and allow me to achieve great things. If a woman cannot fall for a guy who can guarantee these basic things, then I am doomed.
Anyhow, returning to the events of today, I am a healer. In this particular moment though I have to assume an offensive role and be ready to slice and kill orcs. Normally I do not like to inflict harm; in this case I have to fight against my better judgment and just get through the day. Because, in the end, it is me or them who is making it out alive and there are already many heroes fighting in the first line to allow me and others to keep moving forward. I carefully descend the stairs: it would not be the first time that a rogue is hiding in plain sight and ready to knife in the back, inflicting a very horrible wound from which it is difficult to recover. I can feel my heart beating at an accelerate rate and my lips dry. I feel the dichotomy of fear and excitement of getting into a battle, the feelings I always have when I start a fight. When I finally reach the first orc, I do not spare any hits, I go all in with my somewhat limited offensive abilities but I make it through the first one.
Oddly enough, in a battle, I pretty much remember only the first opponent. The rest of the encounters tend to fade in my memory and blur all together. I really cannot count how many orcs I have killed, I cannot count how many opponents I have faced.
What is branded in my memory thought is the horrific encounter with Gul’dan. His creepy voice is still echoing in my head “We will meet again, Amazo”. If I could choose, I would not meet you again, ugly and vile orc. Let me explain with more words the reasoning: Thrall is not exactly in my list of handsome males, but he has a kind face and a gentle soul. He is a hero and an orc to look up to, irrespective whether one is part of the Alliance or the Horde. The comparison with Gul’dan show how dissatisfying as a being is the demented warlock. Indeed Gul’dan is the opposite of Thrall; the master of the Shadow Council is creepy, he has a deep scary voice and worst of all a sinister pose. I can still hear Gul’dan’s a voice ringing in my ears especially when I least expect it and it suddenly wakes me up in, almost, a panic attack! I mean, there is no trait of this guy that makes him less than horrible. He is the embodiment of the evil villain and being a warlock certainly does not help him in gain any sympathy; I am wondering if other warlocks look up to him but I am doubting any being with a shred of love for life – or death – would even consider Gul’dan as a role model.
Digression. Again, and when I am thinking about it, I am rolling my eyes to the sky. Well, I guess I cannot do anything to prevent my mental trips. I think the best way to move forward is to will keep recording all the events, including these digressions, hoping that I will not be committed to a mental institution.
Anyhow, today is day 400 in my adventures. In particular, this adventure with Khadgar. The Archmage certainly has brilliant ideas and is amazing; I already said how from time to time I find myself thinking he might even be sexy. But he is also criminally insane. Poking the bear in the eye and hoping that no consequences will derive from it. Better hoping that the bear will just vanish in thin air. But the insanity of his plan is also what makes it absolutely fascinating. I wish to be able someday to be able to provide my allies with plans that allow us to prevent evil from spreading in the world.
In this very moment though I have to confess that I am trying my best to keep walking and fighting but I am getting tired quickly. I know we are facing more challenges in the next days and my vigilance has to stay up and I need to stay focus. Despite all of these limitations, I also want to remind myself of the good deeds of the day. Today I saved five draenei from slavery and/or death. I am so glad these living beings are allowed to return to freedom and are to live their lives at their fullest. It is clear that the challenges ahead will be difficult to face and draenei in this land will have to rebuild much of their society. I am trying to do my part and I wish for it to be enough to make the difference for some beings at least!
Now, I am going to take a quick nap and try to recover the energies that are quickly draining. I know Khadgar is watching over us for the next hours. I will return with more of this adventure later on!
Che bello comunicar, comunicar, comunicar!

Shockwave

• Immortale
Re:The new adventures of new Amazo!
« Risposta #1 il: Agosto 19, 2015, 07:03:53 pm »
Awsome!! Another storyteller joins the club!!  :RNR:

Welcome and keep up the good work!!  O0

Sceiren

• GM Rising Dradis Echoes
  • Epico
  • Chi sono dei due? :D
    • Mai dire di no al panda!
Re:The new adventures of new Amazo!
« Risposta #2 il: Agosto 24, 2015, 12:32:40 pm »
Ok... I want more!
Let's go amazo! Gull'dan is out there!

"Spesso gli incantesimi più semplici nascondono le sorprese più grandi" - Sceiren